Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Me & My Batik #20 : Batik Lasem 3 Warna



After months, I'm finally back with a post for Me & My Batik Project! I already expected that I won't be making posts about batik as frequently as last year, since Netherlands climate is not exactly batik friendly most of the days. So I'm happy that I get to make a new post for the Batik project :).

Well, actually I have worn batik quite often this winter. The trick to wearing batik clothes in cold weather is simply by layering. Though when I'm outside my batik dress or shirt is hidden under the thick winter coat. So yeah, it doesn't really work for the purpose of showing off my batik :D.

Anyway, this particular batik dress coat was made from a beautiful three colored Batik Lasem. I own a few other Batik Lasem such as the blue one in Me & My Batik # 14 post. I purchased the fabric just a few weeks before my departure to Netherlands. At the time a friend asked me on a spur of the moment to visit a batik & craft exhebition in Jakarta. I swore not to buy anymore batik because my suitcase was already filled up, but yeah, promises promises! Couldn't resist myself when I saw this one, because the pattern and colors are classically beautiful, and the price was decent for a hand painted batik.

As I was counting down days to my departure, I rushed my dressmaker to sew this one along with 2 other fabrics :p. 2 days before New Year's Eve I litteraly was sitting at his workshop, waiting for him to do the finishing touches for them! Hehehe :D.

I purposedly wanted to make a dress coat which I can wear on the colder days. I put on a simple black dress underneath, and combined it with a black obi sash for accent. Looks appropriate for a cold day, right? :)

Sharing with:


5 comments :

  1. I love this especially your obi sash!

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting the linky! :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful dress! I like batik but always pictured it differently. The colors in thie piece are wonderful and work so well in all seasons. I also love the obi belt! This is such a chic look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love that belt!! Visiting from WIW on the pleated poppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want that dress. cute! i'm also visiting from WIWW. check out my blog to see WIWW too. also, lucky you for getting your guy to snap your photos!

    ReplyDelete