Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Going home

"Home is where the heart is."

This is the final installment of my 30 Days Photo Blogging project. Actually 8 hours late, but I did it! :)

Picture was taken in Penang Hill, Malaysia.

As I said in the previous post, this 30 days project has not been without bumps, but I'm so happy that I did it! I like that I could push myself a bit more, I like that it made me look at my dusty photo archive again, I like that it encouraged me to take more pictures. It is definitely one of the highlight of this year :).

That being said, now I need to step back from the blogging world a bit and focus on the things going on in my life. If you're a long time reader of my blog, you know that I've been in a long distance relationship with K for so long. It has not been easy, but finally the moment K and I have been waiting for is coming close. Yes, we're getting back together (physically that is, we've always been 'together').

After I passed my "inburgeringsexamen" test in August, we applied for a resident visa (i.e. MVV) for me to Netherlands. In the middle of November, we got news that my visa was approved! My ticket to living with K!! I've booked ticket to NL, and I'm leaving on January 1st, 00.15 am departure. How's that for the start of my new life? ;).

For me, this is what I've been dreaming of for years. K & I worked hard to get to this point, and we are happy and excited. It's time. Time to go home. Because home is where the heart is... and believe it or not, ever since I went to study in Holland 5 years ago, I've always had a gut feeling that Holland will be home to me.

Yes, I'm going home.

So right now, I have a lot to take care of before my departure. Thereby I'll slow down on the blog, maybe just one or two post a week, or maybe none at all... until I'm settled in Netherlands. I actually have a blogging project in mind for next year, so please check in every now and then to my blog, and wait for the new project announcement.

Thank you everyone who has followed and gave nice comments during this project. I'm happy to have met all of you, and see you around! :)) :*.

Day 30/30.

Sharing with: Sweet Shot Tuesday ,


Photobucket

2 comments :

  1. Hi Dee, good luck with your future endeavours. I hope I will hear from you again. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete