Monday, November 05, 2012

Me & My Batik #16: Batik Lasem

I went to my ex-boss' son wedding last weekend, and as you may guess, I wore batik! This time, instead of wearing a dress, I picked out a different look: kebaya and draped batik.

The fabric I wore as a 'wrapped skirt' is this cheerful 2 toned handpainted Batik Lasem, which I recently purchased in Yogyakarta. Took a bit of practice to got it securely wrapped! ;)


Matched it with a loose blue-turquoise kebaya top and this brooch with green stones accent, and a pair of cheap earings :P. Really, sometimes even the cheapest stuff can look 'expensive' if you wear them right.



And here's the final look! A simple look, and rather out of my comfort zone, since I normally would pick form fitting blouse or kebaya. What do you think?

Day 5/30

Sharing with: Mode Monday

Smiling Sally pleated poppy
</>

18 comments :

  1. You look good in blue.

    Happy Blue Monday, Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning. Wonderful batik!

    http://www.1sthappyfamily.com/2012/11/photographer-or-instant-photo-vendor.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terima kasih, Lina! :)

      Delete
  3. Great photo and a perfect post for Blue Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well put together. I really love that jewelry.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so happy.
    http://www.mariasspace.com/2012/11/oh-some-blues-on-cold-day.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice batik always make me happy ;)

      Delete
  6. These pieces are so unique and have amazing details. I agree though I would have probably gone with a more fitted look on top, may be just belting or tucking in the blouse. So beautiful though.

    Visiting from Monday Mingle.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com/2012/11/who-is-wearing-kika-lori.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  7. That necklace is BEAUTIFUL and so is the pattern on your batik! That is unbelievable that it is hand painted. I am blown away! I am now your newest follower via GFC from Glamamom's Monday Mingle. Can't wait to see what's next!

    xx
    Serena
    http://theserenasaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Serena, thanks for stopping by and following my blog!

      The 'hand painting' process consists drawing the pattern with wax before the coloring and dying process. Batik with more complicated patterns and colors requires multiple times the process of waxing and coloring, and hence the price can be seriously expensive :p.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It's a versatile piece of jewelery as it can be a necklace (just add chains), brooch (it has pins) and also scarf holder (has some rings behind)! :)

      Delete